Effective as of 3:00 p.m. Monday, the following City of Syracuse Parks, Recreation and Youth Programs are cancelled and closed until further notice. This includes:
Arts & Craft classes at the Burnet Park Arts & Crafts Facility. The facility will be closed.
- Aquatics activities are now cancelled at all locations: Huntington, Valley and Southwest Pools. Pools will remain closed. Staff are currently contacting registered participants.
- Ice Skating at Meachem and Sunnycrest Ice Rinks. Both rinks will be closed.
- Senior exercising classes at the Bob Cecile and Magnarelli Senior Centers. Both Centers are closed. Times and locations for senior meal distribution will be provided as details are finalized.
- Youth Community Centers are closed, including: Lou Bova Butternut Community Center at Schiller Park, Magnarelli Community Center at McChesney Park, Seals Community Center at Kirk Park , Wilson Park Community Center, and Westmoreland Community Center. Meal distribution information will be provided as details are finalized.
- Adult Leagues: Men’s basketball at Frazer on Wednesdays and Women’s at Magnarelli Community Center on Mondays are cancelled until further notice.
- Permits: All league and facility permits are not being issued until further notice. Current permit holders will be contacted when we have more information.
- After-School Programs: Ed Smith School and the Northeast Community Center are cancelled Monday, March 16 – Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
For updates on Parks, Recreation and Youth programming visit: https://syracuse.recdesk.com/Community/Page?pageId=23756.
Leave a Reply via Social