More than 2,000 entries submitted for chance to appear on new plows hitting the roads this winter
Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh today announced the 10 names selected to be emblazoned on the new Department of Public Works (DPW) snow plows added to the city fleet this winter. An overwhelming community response generated over 2,000 entries in the week long contest.
With input from members of the Snow and Ice at DPW, Mayor Walsh made the final selections:
- Beast of the East submitted by Gary Roberts
- Below Zero Hero submitted by Michael Beaulieu & Ross Nicholson
- Blizzard Beater submitted by Brandon Marshall & Joann Hodge
- Abominable submitted by Nicole Daniel
- Control Salt Delete submitted by Vinnie Morris
- Golden Snowball submitted by Sandi Strong
- Jocko submitted by Michael Sutkus
- Lake Effect Crusher submitted by Robin Thompson
- Salt City Express submitted by Brittany Zajac
- Winged Warrior submitted by Bob Palladine
“We received a lot of great names, so making the final choices was tough,” said Mayor Walsh. “Most of the names we selected are uniquely tied to Syracuse and Upstate New York. Others reflect our community’s toughness and pride in the way we respond to winter. They’re exactly how I’d hoped we could make these new plows special. I want to thank all of the people who submitted entries.”
The community can expect to see the names placed on the side of each of the new truck around the end of the year.
Leave a Reply via Social