Season Membership Pass Available for Online Purchase
Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh announced the City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs will re-open its two par-3 nine-hole courses beginning in May. The course at Burnet Park will open on Saturday, May 1. The course at Sunnycrest Park is scheduled to open on Saturday, May 15, after the completion of ongoing course improvements. The golf courses will operate seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., weather permitting. Advanced tee time registration is not required.
Season membership passes for 2021 are available for purchase online at Syracuse.recdesk.com. Season membership passes entitles members to unlimited green fees at both courses, depending on course availability. Season membership passes are available at the following rates:
- Adults (ages 18 – 54) – $100
- Juniors (ages 6 – 17) – $40
- Seniors (age 55 and up) – $40
- Non-city residents will be charged an additional $25 surcharge. Season memberships entitle members to unlimited green fees.
Below are guidelines golfers should be aware of before they arrive:
- Cash payments will not be accepted. Accepted payment methods are checks and credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover). A non-refundable 2.75% credit card transaction fee will be applied.
- The clubhouses and restrooms will be open to the public. Indoor seating will not be available.
- Social distancing of six (6) feet apart is required for all golfers not from the same household. A mask must be worn in the clubhouses at all times.
- Pushcarts, golf clubs and soccer ball rentals will be available.
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
Golfers looking to do something special this Mother’s Day can bring their mother, grandmother or guardian on Sunday, May 9 to Burnet Park to golf for free with the purchase of one paid green fee. Daily green fees are as follows:
· Adults (ages 18 – 54) – $6
· Juniors (ages 6 – 17) – $3
· Seniors (age 55 and up) – $3
Golf leagues, clinics, and tournaments will resume beginning June 7.
Footgolf at Sunnycrest Golf Course will begin on Monday, June 15. Footgolf hours are from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Footgolf is a precision sport, aimed for all ages, combining soccer and golf. The rules largely correspond to the rules of golf and players kick a regulation soccer ball at the golf course on shortened holes with 21-inch diameter cups in as few shots as possible.
Burnet Park Golf Course is located in the Tipperary Hill neighborhood of the City, at Avery and Coleridge Avenues. Built in 1901, it was one of the oldest courses in New York State and has the distinction of being the only course with a “shamrock” bunker, reflective of the neighborhood’s Irish roots. The Course’s second hole is the second oldest golf hole on any course in Onondaga County. Burnet Golf Course can be reached at 315-487-6285.
Sunnycrest Golf Course is located on Caleb Avenue, off of Hickok Avenue in the City’s Eastwood neighborhood. Built in 1928, it provides a challenging par-3, while offering spectacular views of the city’s skyline. Sunnycrest Golf Course can be reached at 315-473-2674.
For questions regarding the City of Syracuse’s golf courses, leagues or programming please contact Joe Burns at 315-473-4330.
The link in this article Syracuse.recdesk.com doesn’t work!
Hello, thank you for your comment. Please try using the following link: https://syracuse.recdesk.com/.