Pre-registration required on Syracuse.recdesk.com
The City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs will offer single and two-person kayak rentals on Hiawatha Lake in Upper Onondaga Park, located on 176 Onondaga Park Dr., Syracuse, NY 13207, beginning Saturday, June 26.
Advance online registration on Syracuse.recdesk.com will open on Friday, June 25 at 8 a.m. and seven days in advance after. Walk-up rentals will not be permitted.
Rental hours are Saturday and Sunday, Noon to 4 p.m., in 45 minute sessions.
Rental sessions are:
- Noon – 12:45 p.m.
- 1 – 1:45 p.m.
- 2 – 2:45 p.m.
- 3 – 3:45 p.m.
- 4 – 4:45 p.m.
Rental rates are $5 per kayak (rate does not include sales tax or 2.75% non-refundable, credit card transaction fee). All rentals include a life jacket, whistle, the kayak selected at registration and a paddle.
The kayak launch is located on the east end of the bathhouse. Parking is available by the tennis courts or along the park road, where indicated.
Rules to know before making a reservation:
- The person renting the kayak must be of 18 years of age or older and must be with the group using the kayak at all times, and assume all responsibility for everyone in their party.
- Must be at least 14 years old to operate a single kayak and must be accompanied on the water by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Life jackets must be worn and fastened at all times while in the kayak.
- Identification will be required and held onsite during rental session.
- Refunds will only be issued if the department cancels. You will be notified by phone and offered the option of a refund, minus the 2.75% credit card transaction fee, or a one-time only reschedule-date. Kayaking sessions will be cancelled if blue-algae blooms are present.
For more information about kayak rentals, call the City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs at 315-473-4330.
Leave a Reply via Social