After chlorine delivery delays, the City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs will re-open five pools in the following parks: Kirk, Lincoln, Onondaga, Schiller and Thornden. McKinley and Wilson pools are closed for the season due to continued chlorine delivery delays.
Swimmers are encouraged to continue calling the pools to make reservations. Pool hours for the remainder of the 2021 summer season may be adjusted based on weather and staffing. Phones will be monitored, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., daily. Phone numbers are:
- Kirk Park Pool: 315-401-1626
- Lincoln Park Pool: 315-382-7890
- Onondaga Park Pool: 315-401-1658
- Schiller Park Pool: 315-401-1681
- Thornden Park Pool: 315-401-1709
The City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs will continue closing down outdoor pools for the summer season as preparations for fall 2021 swim lessons and water exercise classes begin. Pool closure announcements of each pool will be made on the Parks’ Facebook page immediately following each closure (@SyracuseParksRec).
The Southwest Pool, located at 230 Lincoln Ave, and Valley Pool, located at 4942 South Salina Street, are anticipated to open for lap swim and open swim some time at the end of August or the beginning of September. Swim lessons and water exercise classes are expected to begin at the end of September. Pool schedules and program registration information will be available on Syracuse.Recdesk.com beginning Aug. 18 with an official registration start date.
The department will continue to follow guidelines and adjust accordingly to ensure the health and safety of swimmers and staff.
Spray features located at the following city parks will remain operational to help keep community members cool:
- Comfort Tyler Park
- Frazer School Spray Feature (self-activated)
- Lewis Park Spray Block (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Lincoln Park Spray Block (Noon – 6 p.m.)
- Onondaga Park – Lower (self-activated)
- Onondaga Park – Upper Spray Block
- McKinley Park Spray Area (Noon – 6 p.m.)
- Schiller Park Mushroom (Noon – 6 p.m.)
- Skiddy Park Spray Mister
- Sunnycrest Park Spray Mister (self-activated)
- Thornden Park Spray Circle
- Union Park Spray Block
- Wilson Park Spray Block
For questions, contact the Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs at 315-473-4330.