Syracuse, N.Y. – The City of Syracuse and Veo are announcing the expansion of the City’s micromobility program. Following a fleet reduction for the winter season, Veo will return with an expanded fleet of vehicles, improved parking policies, and new initiatives to provide residents and visitors with convenient, affordable, and sustainable transportation options for getting around town.
After strong ridership and growing demand for micromobility since the program launched in September 2021, Syracuse’s micromobility fleet will increase by 300%. The expanded fleet includes the new Veo Cosmo e-bike equipped with a throttle-assist motor and pedals to make it easier for riders of varying body types and physical abilities to ride long distances comfortably while maintaining balance and control. The Syracuse fleet will now include 225 throttle-assist Cosmo e-bikes, 225 stand-up Astro scooter vehicles, and up to 50 Halo pedal bikes.
“As spring arrives, our residents are eager and excited to get out and about so there is no better time for this successful micromobility program to be fully back and better than ever,” said Mayor Walsh. “We started slowly with plans to grow, and based on last year’s high ridership and positive community feedback, we are expanding and improving the program with Veo all around the city.”
“The city’s expanded and diversified micromobility fleet will make it even easier for residents to travel around Syracuse safely, and sustainably use shared bikes and scooters,” said Candice Xie, Veo CEO. “We’re also committed to providing an equitable service that works for the entire community, and as fuel prices increase, micromobility offers a more affordable mobility option.”
Improved Parking Policies
● Scooters and bikes will no longer include locks, improving convenience and accessibility.
● The VeoRide app will continue to identify parking hubs which serve as reliable locations for riders to find and park vehicles. To request a new parking hub, riders can contact Veo using the Help Center in the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Additionally, riders can continue to park scooters and bikes at bike racks and along the curb of the sidewalk outside of the pedestrian right of way.
New Rider Engagement Initiatives
● To celebrate the launch of the Spring fleet, riders can get a $5 credit to their account when they use the promo code “springride” through April 6.
● To simplify riding with friends and family, Veo has launched Group Ride which allows one Veo account holder to start multiple simultaneous rides without others needing to create and use a Veo account.
● Throughout spring, Veo will host community outreach events across the city to sign up new riders, hand out helmets, and share safe riding tips.
Veo is bringing the next generation of shared electric bikes and scooters to cities and universities around the world. Founded in 2017 by two Purdue University graduates, Veo operates from a set of values that distinguish us in the industry. We are grounded in financial responsibility: Veo partnered with select cities to achieve profitability before scaling. Our in-house design and manufacturing process enables us to constantly innovate and provide cities with vehicle fleets that are made to last. We develop collaborative, long-term partnerships with cities and universities so we can work together toward a sustainable, safe, and equitable transportation future. Learn more at veoride.com
Near Perfect Media for Veo
(248) 855-4300 ext. 4