Syracuse, N.Y. – The City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Programs is hosting the Onondaga Creekwalk Mile Marketplace on Saturday October 1, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. along the Creekwalk at the Hunt Ave trailhead.
“The expansion of the Creekwalk really opens up the possibilities to highlight so many aspects of our city and the people who live and work here.”, said Parks Commissioner Julie LaFave. “This event is just one creative example of utilizing this unique space to bring the community together and do just that.”
The outdoor market will showcase the newest section of the Onondaga Creekwalk as it passes through Kirk Park on the city’s South Side and will feature vendor booths representing city-based farmstands, artisans, crafters, small business, and non-profit agencies. The event will also promote wellness with activities throughout the day.
Schedule of events:
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Mobile Recreation w/ lawn games for all ages
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Free Tree Giveaway for city of Syracuse resident homeowners, while supplies last. Trees must be planted in the City.
- 10:00 a.m.: Unified Yoga Class
- 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12 p.m. & 12:45 p.m.: Tour of riparian buffer restoration project
- 12:00 p.m.: Healthy Recipe Demonstration w/ Food Bank of CNY
- 12:30 p.m., 1:15 p.m. & 2 00 p.m.: Tree ID Walk w/ City Arborist
- 1:00 p.m.: Zumba Class
On-street parking is available along Hunt Ave and Onondaga Creek Parkway. Accessible parking is available in the Hunt Ave trailhead parking lot.
Questions about the event can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org